The company was founded in September 1977 by Josef Hallhuber and his son Klaus (* 1947). In the same year, the first Hallhuber shop opened in Munich. The concept of young, trend-oriented fashion was novel in this form. In 1995 Karl Schleicher, owner of the Ingolstadt garment company Rosner, took over the Hallhuber GmbH. Klaus Hallhuber left the company, his wife Susanne Hallhuber remained as chief designer.